"i want to apologize to all the women i have called beautiful
before i’ve called them intelligent or brave
i am sorry i made it sound as though
something as simple as what you’re born with
is all you have to be proud of
when you have broken mountains with your wit
from now on i will say things like
you are resilient, or you are extraordinary
not because i don’t think you’re beautiful
but because i need you to know
you are more than that"Source rupikaur
I don’t know how I’m still managing to function. Somehow I ‘m able to wake up, get dressed, and go to work as if nothing’s changed. No one has any idea of how much I’m suffering. I haven’t even told my parents yet. My mom said I looked sad today, but she just assumed I was tired, I couldn’t bring myself to tell her.
Who should be sat on the Iron Throne at the end of it?
(via aryasdeathlist)Source aryastraks
"i remorselessly tore these beings from their central alive and powerful connectedness so you could look at them and know that my love for you comes at the price of their death" - me giving someone flowers
(via aaronna)Source youngstero
Every moment of my life is emotional torture. I can’t escape it.
I can’t stop crying. I can’t handle these thoughts and emotions. I don’t think I’ll ever feel happiness again.
I don’t know how I’m going to deal with this. I don’t even have any friends I can talk to about it. I’m completely alone in this.
The pain and sadness I feel is indescribable. I don’t know what to do. I’ve lost all hope, I’ve lost everything.
Blew (Kurt Cobain's Vocals Isolated)
Kurt Cobain’s vocal track for “Blew” from Nirvana’s debut album “Bleach”
In honor of the 20th anniversary of Kurt’s passing. RIP Kurt. Gone, but never forgotten.
(via grunge-sweater)Source jacobthomas2
This is an important event in history, especially Canadian and feminist history. So I’m going to tell you more about it.
1) The shooter had been rejected from Ecole Polytechnique prior to the shooting. He blamed this on these female students, claiming that they were feminists who ruined his life.
2) In the first classroom he entered, he demanded the men leave before shooting at the women. No man attempted to stop him as they left. Take that as you will. (Later on, several men did get injured trying to stop him in the hallways.)
3) In his suicide letter, he believed that feminists were attempting to be more powerful than men, and were trying to take men’s rights away.
4) Feminists were actually blamed by some for the massacre. The line of logic was “if feminists didn’t make women’s rights an issue, Levine wouldn’t have wanted to kill feminists!” Victim blaming at its finest.
5) The mainstream news media often did not publicize the outrage from women’s groups, and often preferred those who took a calm approach. Ironic, that.
6) Despite him literally having a hit list of feminist icons in his final letter, several newscasters questioned whether or not the shooting was a sexist act, some even denying the idea outright.
8) Many memorials for the victims have been created, and rightly so; however, some prominent ones were erected in poor neighbourhoods where many Native women were killed every day in the same time period as the shooting (see: Marker of Change, Vancouver) (see: Missing Women, Vancouver). Basically, white feminism happened.
The entire event was nothing short of a tragedy, and I recommend that everyone read up on it and the resulting aftermath. It’s… interesting to see how the media tried to turn it into a random act of psychopathy instead of what it was (we know better now, luckily). The reactions (memorials, etc) to the deaths of these 14 White, middle class women as compared to the deaths of 60+ Native, lower class women are also “interesting” to compare. (By interesting, I mean infuriating.)
(via gettingzen)Source nowyoukno
(via apoordesign)Source wiigz
My life would be perfect if it wasn’t for this damn loneliness. There used to be a lot of problems preventing me from being happy, but I’ve somehow managed to solve all but one of them. I just need to figure out how to get rid of loneliness and I’ll be set.
the glorification of kurt cobain and demonization of courtney love is so discouraging but a reminder that if you’re a man and you’re an abrasive, provocative, drug-addled musician then you’re the voice of a generation but if you’re all of those things and a woman, you’re a junkie succubus
(via hermititude)Source misswrld
Personal Space Invader
Andrew Jackson Jihad
People That Can Eat People Are the Luckiest People in the World
be kind to those you love, and be kind to those you don’t.
but for god’s sake you gotta be kind and respectful because we’re all one soul.
be the best fucking human you can be.
(via reallysupergreat)Source sticky-pearls
sext: i want to pay bills and share household duties and approach our late 20’s in a financially and emotionally stable way with you
(via vitaminpillwithlegs)Source satans-advocate